MPC offer a tailored and bespoke services to clients in the public, private and third sectors. Our team have expert knowledge and understanding of the range of UK, European and International policy and regulatory regimes that impact on the marine environment and economy.
Marine Users and Developers.
The MPC and partners within the Gardline Group can offer tailored services at every stage in the life cycle of a marine project, helping you to navigate new marine planning and marine license regime and providing you with impartial and high-quality environmental and socio-economic analysis to support your business.
We have over 40 years of off-shore survey experience and are active across all marine sectors, including oil and gas, renewables, marine aggregates, fisheries, ports and harbours, coastal development and cabling.
Our services include:
- Providing advice, analysis and advocacy on how the development of the new marine planning and marine licensing regime will impact on your business.
- Advice on how to engage in the development of Marine Plans.
- Advice on how conservation designations such as Marine Protected Areas (e.g. Marine Conservation Zones, Special Areas of Conservation) will impact on your operations and how to engage in the designation process.
- Undertaking preliminary desktop assessments on site viability and pre-consenting services, including multi-disciplinary field investigations for land, shallow and deep-water environments that include geophysical/hydrographic surveys, geotechnical studies, oceanographic studies, environmental studies, land surveys and engineering services
- Expert advice on marine licences and the marine licensing and consenting process
- Environmental impact assessments.
- Devising strategies for maximising the prospects securing planning, marine licensing and related approvals, including preparing and submitting applications and supporting documentation.
We offer innovative advice, research and services based on high quality and impartial evidence and analysis.
We work as marine scientific advisors to a number of Government Departments and Agencies and have delivered projects for Defra, the Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Natural England, the Marine Management organisation (MMO). This gives us a key insight into best practice in policy and regulatory best practice at across the EU and internationally.
Our public sector services include:
- Delivery of evidence and analysis to inform policy development.
- Research, evidence and advisory services around the development of the marine planning and licensing regime, including the development of marine plans.
- Innovative approaches to facilitation and management of stakeholder engagement and consultation.
- Innovative and cost effective provision of evidence and scientific advice.
- Providing technical support to regulators and conservation advisors on licence applications and environmental impact assessments.
- Advice and services on monitoring, enforcement and licensing.
- Expertise on the marine and maritime economy, social-economic analysis and regeneration.
Please contact our public sector team for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the following brochures outlining MPC and MESL’s combined consultancy and survey capability:Impact Assessment
Marine Survey and Macrobenthic Analysis
GIS and Statistical Data Analysis
Marine Licensing and Consents